Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Birkie and World Cup Starts

I have had a Midwest adventure the past two weeks. First stop was in Battle Creek Park. We had a 15k classic and then a 10k skate. I actually got quite worried after my 15k classic because I didn't feel very good. It just didn't feel like my body was where it needed to be for top-level racing. It was also very cold and I frostbit my big tie. I ended up 13th in the classic race. However, I turned things around the next day in the 10k with a win. I felt completely different than the day before and it was certainly refreshing.


Yesterday was my 4th Birkie and certainly not my best showing. For me, I need a couple of things to come together for long races like the Birkie. This includes the weather, snow conditions, and feeding. None of them were "my" ideal condition of 20-30 degree air, firm tracks and flawless feeding. I plan on doing the Birkie for the rest if my life so hopefully one of these years I'll figure it out. Pretty exciting to have Caitlin win the Birkie though! She did in a very stylish fashion!

Now I am off to World Cups in Finland and Norway! My next update will be from there! Sooooooooooo excited!

My new Bean Boots

"Skiing with the Stars"


Battle Creek SuperTours

Reading to Mrs. Wright's (Sarah's mom's) classroom in Wyoming, MN 


Checking out where Sarah's dad works

The Birkie!


0 comments: